Tuesday, October 23, 2012

{Recipe} Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I love to bake, but my favorite desserts to bake are cookies. I don't really know why, but they are always my go-to item. There are a few cookies I don't like: white choc. macadmaia nut, peanut butter, and oatmeal raisin.

However, an old lab partner was celebrating a birthday and he had been so good with a lab report that I thought I'd reward him with his favorite cookie: oatmeal raisin. *Cue cringe...

So I went home and tried to find a recipe that would be moist ('tis difficult with oatmeal based cookies) and started baking. The recipe I chose was A W F U L! I refused to take them in due to embarrassment! My roommate at the time had a solution. His mom had a recipe that he claimed was great. I had him call and get it (around 10 or 11 PM) and I got to baking again.

These were the compete opposite of the first batch. Moist and so flavorful!
*Score one for the recipe box
geez, I need to learn how to photograph food!
I present to you, the greatest oatmeal raisin cookie recipe:

1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. butter (softened)
1/4 c. shortening (I use butter again, softened)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 egg
1 1/2 c. oats
1 c. flour
1 c. raisins

preheat oven to 375 degrees

Mix all but oats, flour, and raisins.

Add in remaining items and stir until just combined.

Bake ~10 min








Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment